3M 9882, 9885,9890 SeriesOnline inquiry
3M Thermally Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tapes 9882, 9885, and 9890 are designed to provide a preferential heat transfer path between heat-generating components and heat sinks or other cooling devices (e.g., fans, heat spreaders or heat pipes).
• These tapes are pressure sensitive adhesives loaded with thermally conductive ceramic fillers. Pressure is needed to form a bond. Heat and pressure may be needed on some substrates to achieve an acceptable bond.
• The specialized acrylic chemistry of these tapes provide for good thermal stability of the base polymer.
• The thermally conductive tapes are on a silicone treated polyester release liner for ease of handling and die cutting.
• The tapes offer both good thermal conductivity and good electrical insulation properties.
• Tapes 9882, 9885, and 9890 provide best adhesion results when used with high surface energy substrates. If using low surface energy material, 3M™ Thermally Conductive Adhesive Transfer Tapes 8805, 8810, 8815, or 8820 could provide a higher adhesion bond and improved wet-out of the surface..